:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-02-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-02-23
Devuan meet 2023-02-23 @20:30 UTC

Present: John Faulk, Altoid, fsmithred , hendrik, plasma41, golinux.

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### golinux
* "XFCE Classic up to 4.14-4.16" - an option for Daedalus?
  https://github.com/Xfce-Classic/
  * (John) That sounds pretty cool.
* (Altoid) I still think that the best for Devuan is Openbox as the
  default.      ie: much like #! Waldorf was.
  https://crunchbang.org/images/screenshot-default-desktop.png
* (bgstack15) The libxfce4ui-nocsd repo is [no longer
  needed](https://github.com/Xfce-Classic/libxfce4ui-nocsd/issues/13);
  not sure about a customized panel.
* Discussion of link formatting on d1g
  * (gl) Am experimenting with brightening the links in posts to make
    them nore visible. DONE! Hope you like the new link color

### John Faulk Work continues on my DVD set creation script. Have now
implemented a means to create DVDs from sources.list , but still
unsure of how to separate main from contrib and non-free this way. May
need to think of a different approach, but I'm not sure what. I
implemented this so that people who create these do not have to
effectively destroy their local repo in the process. As usual, src
code can be found here
https://codeberg.org/MrReplikant/Devuan-DVD-Set-Maker/src/branch/main/makecds

### LeePen

#### ci.d.o
* Fix determination of whether orig source upload is required.
* Added formal support for specifying build profile.

#### Amprolla Debian's retiral of stretch is [in
  progress](https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2023/02/msg00004.html).
  Ascii will follow. I have updated the amprolla instance merging to
  archive.d.o so it is ready.
* (john) So this means Ascii is finally EOL?
  * (plasma41) Has been since last year.
    * Xenguy should be notified to change it on WWW

#### DAK Cleaned obsolete images built by debian-installer (mini.isos).
Saving was 44G. Script `dak:~leepen/clean_tgz.sh` finds them (and
moves to `/srv/dak/morgue` if run with sufficient perms).

#### BTS Added cgi script forwarding spam reports to
devuan-bugs@??? and added robots.txt to block the well
behaved from /cgi. To process, find the Message-ID you want to block
and then run, as ~debbugs `/home/debbugs/bin/debbugs-spam mark-spam
<Message-ID> <bug-number>` Reading the source, you can probably match
the Subject as well, but that seems less specific.

#### Packaging

##### choose-mirror
* Restored CCs
* Removed pkgmaster.d.o
* Source mirror list from
[panopticon](https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/mirror_list.txt)

##### Other updates
* ceres: debian-installer, procps, colord, avahi, rsyslog (profile
nocheck)

## New Actions
* (plasma41) Provide feedback on John's Devuan-DVD-Set-Maker script

#### Editor's note A misplaced link belongs with one of the
conversations in the pad:
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=40986#p40986#