:: Re: [devuan-dev] Libseat support fo…
Author: wirelessduck
To: devuan developers internal list
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Libseat support for xorg

> On 4 Jan 2023, at 03:23, Mark Hindley <mark@???> wrote:
>
> The Devuan build of xorg-server with libseat support has been available for a
> few weeks in experimental. We were grateful for helpful comments and patches
> from Adam Sampson. A new Debian version has been merged with various cleanups
> and src:xorg-server version 21.1.5-1devuan1 has been built for ceres (unstable).
>
> Testing by users with GPUs would particularly useful, neither rrq nor I have any
> suitable hardware.
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> Mark

Happy new year Mark!

My work desktop is running chimaera with just Xorg, elogind, and openbox via startx without any display manager or login manager. It also has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.

I am willing to be a guinea pig here if it’s possible to test and revert without breaking my system in a bad way? Do you have a link to a list of steps required to test this seatd feature?

Should I be taking a clonezilla backup before doing any of this testing on my primary work desktop?

Tom