:: [devuan-dev] bug#231: marked as don…
Author: Devuan bug Tracking System
To: Mark Hindley
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#231: marked as done (apt-file constructs wrong url from /etc/apt/sources.list)
Your message dated Tue, 24 Jan 2023 17:47:26 +0000
with message-id <Y9AZrqGG+a23z4U+@???>
and subject line Re: bug#231: apt-file constructs wrong url from /etc/apt/sources.list
has caused the Devuan bug report #231,
regarding apt-file constructs wrong url from /etc/apt/sources.list
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@???
immediately.)

--
231: https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=231
Devuan Bug Tracking System

apt-file constructs wrong url from /etc/apt/sources.list

the bug should appear in any version in the Devuan repository

"apt-file" perl script I installed on Devuan 1 (jessie-stable-old?) (armhf)
it looks for "dir/Content-_arch_.gz" instead of "dir/binary-_arch_/Packages.gz"

use "apt-file -v update" to reproduce debug confirmation of issue

Cheers

Paul
On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 08:40:20PM +1200, Paul Wratt wrote:
> Package: apt-file
> Version: 2.5.4
>
> apt-file constructs wrong url from /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> the bug should appear in any version in the Devuan repository
>
> "apt-file" perl script I installed on Devuan 1 (jessie-stable-old?) (armhf)
> it looks for "dir/Content-_arch_.gz" instead of "dir/binary-_arch_/Packages.gz"

I believe this is the correct path. Amprolla now produces the Contents-arch.gz
files.

Closing.

Mark