:: Re: [DNG] running with separate / a…
Author: golinux
To: Dng
New-Topics: [DNG] gcc-doc
Subject: Re: [DNG] running with separate / and /usr
On 2023-01-19 05:20, Didier Kryn wrote:
> Le 18/01/2023 à 16:05, Rainer Weikusat via Dng a écrit :
>> Lastly, I've recently read the manufacturer's (HP) disclaimer on the
>> box
>> of a USB stick. It's specifically disclaimed that data written to it
>> can
>> ever be read back again and users are remained that they should always
>> have a backup on another medium.
>
>     Beyond experience, have we an idea of what manufacturers disclaim
> about spinning disks?
>
>     As I already wrote carved marble and bronze preserve data pretty
> long, and so does also written or printed paper, but massive storage
> technologies suffer from a much shorter durability.
>
> --     Didier

Humans think they are so smart. They invent. They complexify. It feeds
the economy by producing SNS and fake food and all the misery that
follows from that. Now we rely on technologies that can in an instant
wipe out huge chunks of human history. Since we have rarely learned from
history in the first place, perhaps that will not be much of a loss . .
.

golinux