:: [devuan-dev] Saying Thank You!
Author: Linux O'Beardly
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Saying Thank You!
Hello Devuaners,

I just recently picked up a new-to-me laptop, an HP Elitebook 840 G6 (8th
Gen Quad-Core I7). After upgrading it to a 2TB NVME drive and 32GB Corsair
Vengeance RAM, I stuck in a Devuan Chimaera install USB drive and booted it
up. It installed flawlessly and everything worked out of the box with the
exception of the sound. This was circumvented easily by adding
snd_hda_intel.dmic_detect=0 to the grub boot line in /etc/default/grub. I
don't know if that's the right way to fix it, but if it works, is it really
a dumb idea? I am actually drafting this email on said laptop.
Nonetheless, the install process was nearly flawless and painless, so I
just wanted to reach out and say "Thank you!" I'm sorry I haven't been
around to help more over the last couple years and there are a million
reasons, but life just gets in the way sometimes. I hope all is well with
everyone. For those in the US, we should plan a meetup this year. I haven't
seen any of you since the Devuan conference in 2019, but now that things
have started to calm down, we should plan something soon. There are many of
you I would like to see. Maybe we can plan it in conjunction with another
conference and have a Devuan meetup in the process. Let me know if any of
you have any interest. Thanks again for all the great work you all have
been doing.

Take care,

Mark

--