:: Re: [DNG] trying to do a chimera ne…
Author: o1bigtenor
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] trying to do a chimera netinstall
On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 12:16 PM o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor@???> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 10:28 AM dng@??? <dng@???> wrote:
> >
> > On 09-01-2023 15:24, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
> > >
> > > I may have more issues yet!
> > >
> > > Thought I would try using the above and understanding that it meant
> > > 1. start the install
> > > 2. type C-A-F2 and then do a
> > > 3. modeprobe nvme.ko and that hopefully getting things going.

Further news - - - I went back to the usb stick.
(Remember that the installer had wanted to install on it and it took me a
bit to realize that - - - so I had corrupted the usb stick myself - -
- my bad!!)
Cleaned up the usb stick and tried an install - - - - still not sure
how I did it
but I managed to get a console.
ran # find /lib/modules/$(uname -r) -type f -name '*nvme.ko'*' | more     and
got /lib/modules/5.10.0-9-amd64/kernel/drivers/nmve/host/nvme.ko
the next command was # modprobe nvme.ko     whereupon I got
modprobe: FATAL: Module nvme.ko not found in directory
/lib/modules/5.10.0-9-amd64

So I'm sitting here going WTH - - - - - - - what do I do now?

(Just incase its not clear - - - - I'm sorta lost as to how to get
this nvme module working!)

TIA