:: Re: [DNG] Chimaera install problem
Author: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Chimaera install problem
On Fri, Jan 06, 2023 at 07:17:04AM -0700, Fred wrote:
> Yesterday I worked with the server iso since the netinstall didn't work.
> However, today I will try again with the netinstall since that is what you
> are working with and I will make the .disk/info file.
>
> fred@ragnok:~$ sha256sum --ignore-missing -c SHA256SUMS
> devuan_chimaera_4.0.0_amd64_cd3.iso: OK
> devuan_chimaera_4.0.0_amd64_netinstall.iso: OK
> devuan_chimaera_4.0.0_amd64_server.iso: OK
>
> The SHA256SUMS line for the netinstall is the same as your entry above.

Ok. That confirms it's the right media. All of those have .disk/info
files.

> The three isos and the SHA file all came from this mirror:
> mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu/devuan-cd/
>
> I will post later on today when I have tried the netinstall again.

When running the installation, please try the plain "Install" option,
and when it comes the Partition Disks dialog, enter the shell with
Ctrl-Alt-F2 (and Enter).

Use "blkid" to see which block devices the installer sees, and
use "df -h" to see which, if any, are mounted.

After partitioning, the installer will want "/cdrom" to be a mount of
the installation media of type iso9660.

If "blkid" says that there is an iso9660 partition xxx, but it's not
mounted, then try a manual hands-on:
# mount -t iso9660 xxx /cdrom

Return to the installation with Ctrl-Alt-F1

Ralph.