:: Re: [DNG] Chimaera install problem
Author: Fred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Chimaera install problem
On 1/5/23 14:53, Curtis Maurand via Dng wrote:

>>> However, try to take a different USB stick, put the image back on and try
>>> again. Some sticks just don’t behave.
>
> Hello,
>
> I might be stating the obvious, but I haven’t seen this in the discussion. I apologize in advance if thos has already been thought of.
>
> I’m not sure how you created the usb stick, but the image doesn’t like being part of a multi boot setup. It has to own the stick. It can’t be in a subfolder, etc. I had this problem in the past when I used tools like yumi or rufus to create the install. I use dd on my linux machines. I forget what I used to create the stick on windows. I stopped using Windows regularly 4 or 5 years ago. Since I work fir myself, these days, I don’t need to. :-)
>
> dd=input.iso of=<path to usb stick block device>
>
> Cheers,
> Curtis

Hi,
The USB stick is actually an SD card in a USB adapter. I am quite sure
there is nothing wrong with it.

The command used to write the .iso:

dd if=devuan_chimaera_4.0.0_amd64_server of=/dev/sdb bs=1M

A previous attempt at installation used:
devuan_chimaera_4.0.0_amd64_netinstall.iso

There is no attempt to multi boot and I do not use Bill Gates cancerous,
virus-infested scourge of the Earth software.

Best regards,
Fred