:: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM…
Author: Boian Bonev
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM login manager project
Hi Rob,

> > About the next steps:
> >
> > If you plan to maintain slim for Devuan, set Maintainer: to
> > yourself
> > and remove Uploaders:
> >
> > Alternatively if you prefer to keep it as a team effort, just add
> > yourself to Uploaders; in both cases the 'Non maintainer upload'
> > log
> > entry is bogus (I removed it).
> >
> > When all this is done, someone from the team will add you to the
> > devuan/slim project and you can merge the changes and trigger
> > builds.
>
> I think I'd rather keep it as a team effort for now - I'm fairly new
> to Devuan (and to the whole Debian family) having been primarily
> Gentoo for a couple of decades. My impression so far is that, while
> the actual packaging process is much simpler on Gentoo, the
> maintainer role is far better supported here on Devuan, by this very
> helpful community. As I gain familiarity and confidence, I may
> reconsider, but for now I don't feel ready to be "the maintainer" of
> the package.

OK, I am adding you as a collaborator to
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/slim, when you think the changes are
ready, merge them there, e.g. something like:

git clone git@???:RobPearce/slim.git
cd slim
git checkout suites/unstable
git remote add devuan git@???:devuan/slim.git
git pull --all
git push devuan

Then ping here for a review of the changes.

Afterwards to trigger a build, go to
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/slim/issues and open a new issue with

Title: build
Branch: suites/unstable
Assignee: Releasebot

Relasebot will close the issue and add build info in the comments.

There is also the option to reopen one of the previous build issues -
that is a kind of personal preference...

With best regards,
b.