:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-12-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-12-15
# Devuan meet 2022-12-15 @20:30 UTC

Present: plasma41, golinux, bb|hcb, fsmithred Apologies: LeePen, hendrik

## Old Business

### LeePen

#### Packaging

##### xorg and seatd rrq and I have been working on patching xorg-server
to use libseat for controlling rootless startx and access to input and
video resources. libseat can use either seatd or (e)logind as a
backend so this might begin to free us from elogind. The first
experimental xorg-xserver-core packages are available for testing.
* (bgstack15) I am building a lightdm build for suites/experimental that
depends on elogind|seatd.

##### Other updates
* ceres: popularity-contest, pdns-recursor (now 64bit archs only).

## Old Actions

## New Business

### golinux
* Call for testers! ARM64 NetInstall ISO
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=5403 Has anyone given it a
spin?
* Chatter about switching the default desktop
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=39374#p39374 Full circle to
Devuan's early days . . . Do we need to have a default desktop at all?
fsmithred . . . is there a way to set up a defualt Devuan wallpaper
for any DE or WM choice in desktop-base?
* @LeePen . . . How is Devuan going to deal with Zeitgeist?
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=5406

## New Actions