:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-12-…
Top Pagina
Auteur: B Stack
Aan: devuan developers internal list
Onderwerp: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-12-08
# Devuan meet 2022-12-08 @20:30 UTC

Present: plasma41, Hendrik, fsmithred, golinux, rrq

## Old Business

### plasma41
* The Devuan devuan-dev mailinglist archive is inaccessible. Navigating
to the "devuan-dev Archives" link on
<https://mailinglists.dyne.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devuan-dev>
returns a 404. It looks like maybe the "devuan-dev Archives" link
should be changed from pointing to
<https://mailinglists.dyne.org/pipermail/devuan-dev/> to pointing to
<https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/list/devuan-dev.html>?

## Old Actions

## New Business

### golinux
* Excalibur - Working with John Faulk a bit on excalibur and have poked
  around Arthurian legend which provided some late night inspiration for
  the excalibur theme title. Forget the romance of Camelot and Avalon
  etc. Let's go to the dark side! :D Note that I am NOT going to be
  doing the heavy lifting. Just hoping to get it started . . .
  * boytoy - Arthur was supposedly a teenager when he pulled the sword
    from the stone
  * toystory - Poking at Debian. Boyz and their toyz and all . . .
  * kingthing - Obvious
  * armsrace - Obvious
  * deathmetal - Play on words across time and space
  * wmD - poking at systemD as many mistakenly write it as well as the
    MIC. Excalibur was the WMD of its time and systemd is the WMD of
    Linux as we have known it.
  * (plasma41) farcical-aquatic-ceremony - "Strange women lying in ponds
    distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme
    executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from
    some farcical aquatic ceremony." -Dennis the Peasant, Monty Python

### LeePen

#### Packaging

##### xorg and seatd rrq and I are working on patching xorg-server to
use seatd rather than elogind for controlling rootless startx and
access to input and video resources.
* (bgstack15) I would love to help you test xorg-server and seatd! I use
xorg and lightdm, and I don't mind experimenting with seatd. Does
using it on a VM count, or do you need physical machines to test seatd
properly?

##### Other updates
* ceres: packagekit, popularity-contest, reportbug, openvpn, procps
(×2), udisks2, rsyslog (tests failing)

#### Amprolla
* Support for [out of date source notifications to
  irc](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/amprolla3/commits/branch/irc-notifications)
  has been running well on the test instance for a few weeks and logging
  to [#devuan-ci-test](irc://irc.libera.chat/#devuan-ci-test). Any
  comments before deployment?
  * (plasma41) I've been idling in #devuan-ci-test and I like what I
    see. Ship it! :-)

## New Actions