:: [DNG] Hibernation with ThinkPad T14…
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Hibernation with ThinkPad T14 AMD Gen 1 + 2
Hi!

Back then when I bought the first ThinkPad T14 AMD Gen 1 I had memory
corruption issues after resuming from hibernation several times. Which
led to general protection faults and BTRFS filesystem errors. This also
happened with sleep mode set to Linux. It was one with AMD Ryzen 7 PRO
4750U and 32 GiB RAM on Devuan Ceres.

Since that time I do not hibernate any of the ThinkPad T14 AMD laptops
anymore. Including a ThinkPad T14 AMD Gen 2 one.

But I'd like to revisit that decision since there have been a lot of
major kernel updates in between. But before risking the integrity of any
of the filesystems on one of those machines again during testing, I'd
like to gather feedback:

Anyone here hibernating a ThinkPad T14 AMD 1 or 2 regularly and can tell
whether it works reliably? I am interested in experiences regarding both
models, but for now mostly model 1. Of course if someone also uses BTRFS
that would be even better.

On my research on the web I concluded that hibernation may work okay
meanwhile. But as I do like to avoid any filesystem corruption issues,
I'd like to read about more experiences before I make a decision.

Best,
--
Martin