:: Re: [DNG] Chimaera PPC64 && /etc/in…
Author: Nick Rickard
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Chimaera PPC64 && /etc/init.d/rsyslog
I experienced similar for chimaera to daedalus.

At some point during the upgrade* rsyslog stopped working and after a bit of exploring I found that there was no longer a /etc/init.d/rsyslog file. I got that file from rsyslog source and it's now all fine.

*My upgrade was convoluted as, for various reasons, I did a partial upgrade followed by a bit of a rollback/restore and then upgraded the rest. Over quite a few weeks. So I assumed I'd borked something in that process rather than it being a Devuan / rsyslog issue, hence I didn't raise it until you mentioned it.

Nick.