:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-11-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-11-24
# Devuan meet 2022-11-24 @20:30 UTC

Present: Centurion Dan, Plentyn, rrq, fsmithred, hendrik Forgetfulness:
golinux

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen

#### ci.devuan.org Added another new arm32 builder from rrq:
[babblan](https://jenkins.devuan.dev/computer/rrq-babblan/).

#### Updated packages
* ceres: network-manager, util-linux, fluidsynth (new fork thanks to
hagbard)

#### Amprolla
* Fixed behaviour if expired upstream key found: warn but continue.
* Support for out of date source notifications to irc is available for
review in the [irc-notifications
branch](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/amprolla3/commits/branch/irc-notifications),
running on the test instance and logging to
[#devuan-ci-test](irc://irc.libera.chat/#devuan-ci-test). (bb|hcb 👍)

#### Seatd? I am packaging
[pam_rundir](https://github.com/jjk-jacky/pam_rundir/). I hope this
will allow experimentation with seatd. I am concerned at the lack of
upstream elogind activity.

### bb|hcb

#### Container images Recently several volunteers expressed interest in
making and maintaining Devuan container images. In my opinion if those
are left on their own, their efforts will not last for long and their
projects will shortly join with the several existing
un/half-maintained ones. We need to define some frame about what is
acceptable in those images and preferably declare them as official
ones.
* **Docker Hub** Devuan was approved for Docker's open source sponsoring
program and yesterday everything was activated. People involved: Olaf
Meeuwissen (paddy-hack), jaromil
* **AWS AMI** AWS has a similar program, nothing done there yet. People
involved: Guillaume Courtois (guigui), jaromil For both of the above
there is a new `docker-build` VM, made as a QEMU instead of subhost to
avoid the possibility of what happened recently to `newtonia` from
broken scripts inside a subhost. Access to the VM is organized as TCP
redirect from `newtonia:2022`.

### golinux Similar issue came up on the forum with announcement of a
Devuan forum for Russian users. Need guidelines for wording and use of
logo etc.

### hendrik Rob Pearce is making a fork of slim with a number of patches
applied. He has offered on the mailing list to provide his slim-fork
to Devuan.

## New Actions Devuan Pro - CenturionDan is going to put together the
beginnings of a new website to help with enterprise users networking
and providing a list of professional level support providers.