:: Re: [DNG] linux ssd problem
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] linux ssd problem
On Friday 18 November 2022 at 17:49:58, Peter Duffy wrote:

> I've dug out an older SanDisk 1T SSD, and I'm just dd'ing the disk
> which keeps borking to it - assuming it completes OK, I'll try using
> the SanDisk and see what happens.

If you really do mean dd, I very much recommend using
https://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ (De{bi,vu}an package name gddrescue)
instead.

It gives progress output, is interruptible (and resumable) and is also very
good for devices which genuinely do have errors on them.

Antony.

--
This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.