:: Re: [DNG] SSD and trim service
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: Rand Pritelrohm
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] SSD and trim service
On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 07:06:26PM +0100, Rand Pritelrohm via Dng wrote:
> In the systemd realm those points were achieved with:
>     i)  systemctl enable fstrim.timer

As root:

echo "#!/bin/sh" >/etc/cron.weekly/fstrim
echo "# run fstrim for all supported file systems"
>>/etc/cron.weekly/fstrim

echo "/sbin/fstrim -a" >>/etc/cron.weekly/fstrim
chmod 755 /etc/cron.weekly/fstrim

If you don't login as root, use su or sudo.

>     ii) /etc/sysctl.d/99-swappiness.conf
>            vm.swappiness=10

This should work exactly the same under devuan. Just copy
/etc/sysctl.d/99-swappiness.conf from the old system to the devuan
system under /etc/systemctl.d.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net