:: Re: [DNG] ..so, Orson Welles and A…
Author: tito
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..so, Orson Welles and Aldous Huxley predicted Microsoft & Lennart Poettering's "Brave New Trusted Boot World"? :oD [OT]
On Mon, 7 Nov 2022 20:57:13 +0100
Arnt Karlsen <arnt@???> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Nov 2022 16:21:21 +0100, tito wrote in message
> <20221107162121.47eb90af@devuan>:
>
> > Hi,
> > problem is that your banking app probably
> > will not run on lineageos as some of them
> > check if the bootloader was unlocked,
> > or the phone was rooted (e.g. barclays
> > app refused to run....).
>
> ..another 3 alternatives: Do your banking thru a web browser.

This is nowadays almost impossible as most banks at least in Italy
(but I suppose it is an European Community directive) use two factor
authentication, through OTP, sms. mail or app and usually a smartphone
is involved.

> Make your bank make your banking app support your device and OS.

8-} yes, I'll call the CEO tomorrow morning....

> Take your banking business elsewhere.

Done, but the problem exists even if I've found
a bank that suites my needs, because most people
are not willing or cannot afford or are not technically savvy
to jump through all this hops for a bank account.

Ciao,
Tito