:: Re: [devuan-dev] Possible bug on xs…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: onefang
A: devuan-dev
Asunto: Re: [devuan-dev] Possible bug on xscreensaver
On 2022-10-22 18:44:09, Antonio Rendina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as my standard desktop I use xfce + xscreensaver. This is the problem that
> I'm experiencing:
>
> When I leave the system on its own at some point it should go on
> suspend-mode. But this was not happening, so I started to dig in. In my
> understanding, the suspend mode is set by xfce4-power-manager but is handled
> by elogind. I noticed that xscreensaver is compiled with libsystemd and it
> generates a binary called xscreensaver-systemd that was actually running on
> my laptop.
> My theory is that xscreensaver is calling the api, but systemd is not there
> and so it generates the error that is blocking my laptop from going into
> suspend mode.
>
> So, I recompiled xscreensaver without libsystemd and it didn't generate the
> infamous binary, now it looks that the problem is solved. The laptop is
> going on suspend mode when I leave it alone.
>
> IMHO, we should work on cleaning software from libsystemd, and I could take
> care of this one, and maybe other packages considering that I'm learning how
> to do that.
>
> I don't know if you agree with that, I mean it's Devuan purpose to not use
> systemd as init system, but I don't actually know how is your discussion
> about using it as a library. Should we clean up at least the base system?
>
> BTW, this is a bug to me, so if you agree, I would also like to open a bug
> and provide the solution, but I will need a bit of help about how to do it.

Pernsoally I'd love you to work on this and other things that you would
like to work on. I had mentioned xscreensaver-systemd before, but people
suggested moving to some other screen saver, though none of them do all
the things that I want a screensaver to do.

I think the best thing to do is hang out in the IRC channel #devuan-dev
on libera.chat. Mention what you want to do.