:: [devuan-dev] Possible bug on xscree…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Antonio Rendina
A: devuan developers internal list
Asunto: [devuan-dev] Possible bug on xscreensaver
Hi,

as my standard desktop I use xfce + xscreensaver. This is the problem
that I'm experiencing:

When I leave the system on its own at some point it should go on
suspend-mode. But this was not happening, so I started to dig in. In my
understanding, the suspend mode is set by xfce4-power-manager but is
handled by elogind. I noticed that xscreensaver is compiled with
libsystemd and it generates a binary called xscreensaver-systemd that
was actually running on my laptop.
My theory is that xscreensaver is calling the api, but systemd is not
there and so it generates the error that is blocking my laptop from
going into suspend mode.

So, I recompiled xscreensaver without libsystemd and it didn't generate
the infamous binary, now it looks that the problem is solved. The laptop
is going on suspend mode when I leave it alone.

IMHO, we should work on cleaning software from libsystemd, and I could
take care of this one, and maybe other packages considering that I'm
learning how to do that.

I don't know if you agree with that, I mean it's Devuan purpose to not
use systemd as init system, but I don't actually know how is your
discussion about using it as a library. Should we clean up at least the
base system?

BTW, this is a bug to me, so if you agree, I would also like to open a
bug and provide the solution, but I will need a bit of help about how to
do it.

Regards,
Antonio