:: Re: [devuan-dev] Future of my "padd…
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Future of my "paddy-hack" Devuan Docker images
Hi Jaromil,

Jaromil <jaromil@???> writes:

> On Sat, 15 Oct 2022, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> Guess I just became that volunteer ;-)
>
> fantastic :^) your work is awesome

Just standing on giants' shoulders ;-)

> maybe is worth giving a try to start from Devuan's debootstrap?

Will do. Plan to start from Devuan "stable", find corresponding Debian
release, migrate the Docker container image for that (probably use slim
variant) to Devuan and build rootfs for the "official" Devuan base
image(s) in the resulting container image.

> also please consider including in upstream any of the apt-conf-*
> prefixed patches here, taken from debian's docker images

Will do. I want to keep these images lean and mean ;-)
There's so much bloat out there already :-(

> https://github.com/dyne/docker-devuan-builds/tree/master/devuan

Thanks,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen