:: Re: [DNG] virtualbox
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: tito
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] virtualbox
On Tue, 18 Oct 2022 11:52:42 +0100
Peter Duffy <peter@???> wrote:

> Sorry, this isn't specific to devuan (although it's involved
> indirectly) - I'm really just looking for thoughts and comments on a
> problem which has been driving me insane for the last few weeks.
>
> I'm trying to replicate a setup of several fairly old linux/mysql
> systems, as part of a project to upgrade them to devuan. I was trying
> to use virtualbox VMs to do the replication (virtualbox 6.1.32). First
> VM was ubuntu 14 and percona mysql 5.6.37; second VM was devuan
> chimaera and percona mysql 5.6.37. Each VM had 32g RAM, 1 CPU core and
> 500g disk. I had a copy of the database from one of the original
> systems (gzipped output from mysqldump) and the first step was to load
> it into the first VM. That was when the problems started.

Hi,
try this ugly and dirty hack, copy to the vm the full mysql
data folder from the original server through a shared folder,
rather than doing the mysqldump dance.
Also be aware that mysqldump has a lot of command
line options that could be incompatible between different
versions. You need to restore the dump with the same
version of mysql/mysqldump that created it to be sure
it will work, later you can upgrade mysql, hoping that
the upgrade scripts will take care of your db.
Also take a look at the hex-blob option of mysqldump.

Hope this helps

Ciao,
Tito