:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-09-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-09-29
# Devuan meet 2022-09-29 @20:30 UTC

Present: bgstack15, rrq, golinux Regrets: hendrik, bb|hcb

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen

#### Packaging
* Updated dbus and devuan-keyring (experimental)
* Building new devuan-keyring for ceres is waiting for Jaromil to extend
the expiry on his key. (bb|hcb) He said that will happen after
01.10...
* Removed fork of numad from ceres after the Debian maintainer closed
[#1016173](https://bugs.debian.org/1016173) by removing systemd
dependency.
* hurrah for LeePen! (bgstack15)

### amesser (not present)

#### Mailserver
* Some very basic setup is running, IMAP mailboxes, SMTP mail delivery
  is working.
* I choose LDAP directory service for mailbox account management since
  its more lightweight than SQL.
  * However, the common LDAP object schemas don't fit well for that
    purpose, one has to define custom schemas (Not a very hard task)
  * Defining LDAP schemas requires OID numbers (unique identifiers, look
    like "1.2.3.4.5....")
    * OID Numbers are managed by IANA to some extend to ensure
      uniqueness. One gets typically assigned a unique prefix by IANA
      "1.3.6.1.4.1.\<enterprise-number\>" The structure below is managed
      by the "owner"
    * There exists a prefix "1.1" which can be used for experiments.
      However its recommended to obtain a real enterprise OID at IANA
      (registry is at no cost here:
      https://pen.iana.org/pen/PenApplication.page)
    * (Debian has enterprise oid "1.3.6.1.4.1.9586")
    * **We need to decide if we want to obtain such an enterprise OID or
      if we just use the experimental OID range** (bb|hcb) I see no
      problem in obtaining that, sounds like the proper way to go

## New Actions