:: Re: [DNG] spamassasin relocated?
Author: Alexis PM
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] spamassasin relocated?
In Debian up to 'bullseye' including, the spamassasin package includes /etc/init.d/spamassassin, but this has been deleted in the new spamassassin 4 package now in testing. Options:
1) Report bug to spamassassin on Debian.
2) Report bug to orphan-sysvinit-scripts on Debian.
3) Ask Devuan to repackage spamassassin including /etc/init.d/spamassassin for current testing going forward.

Best regards.     En viernes, 30 de septiembre de 2022, 16:33:24 CEST, Antony Stone <antony.stone@???> escribió:

On Friday 30 September 2022 at 16:19:38, Haines Brown wrote:

> I modified my user_prefs and tried to retart spamassassin. Much to my
> surprise the spamassassin executable is no longer found in
> /etc/init.d/spamassassin.

It never was.

Items in /etc/init.d are not "executables" in the sense that you mean.  They
are (agreed, executable) startup scripts which pass the correct parameters to
the "real" executable, which is almost always in one of:
    /bin
    /sbin
    /usr/bin
    /usr/sbin
    /usr/local/bin
    /usr/local/sbin

> I do find a spamassassin executabe in
> /usr/bin, but trying to do
>
>  $ sudo /usr/bin/spamassassin restart

That is not expected to work (and  never would have).

Have you tried reinstalling the spamassassin package?

> I recently upgraded my Chimaera.

Do you mean you updated the packages on a system which was previously running
Chimaera, or did you upgrade Beowulf to Chimaera?

Antony.

--
Warum können Seeräuber nicht den Umfang eines Kreises berechnen?
Weil sie Piraten...

                                                  Please reply to the list;
                                                        please *don't* CC me.