:: Re: [DNG] Is anybody here?
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Is anybody here?
On Fri, 2022-09-23 at 19:14 +0000, jkinney23@??? wrote:

> > > Good people are lazy.
> > > Bad  people are never lazy.
> > > Sad but true, that's why devuan looks doomed.
>
> > What the hell is that supposed to mean? You predict the death of Devuan based on
> > the
> > metric of how many emails are on the user list?
>
> > Folks, just so we're on the same page, according to my archives this guy has
> > posted
> > 3 times since  August 6, 2022, the date of his first ever post to Devuan. As far
> > as
> > I could read, his first two questions were about how to set up his email/DNS PTR
> > record, and now this prediction of Devuan's demise.
>
> > SteveT
>
> Thank you for posting that Steve. I am new here too, I've never been very active
> in
> an online community before, and I am working as hard as I can to get up to speed.
>
> That message did not help my morale.

Hi Jason,

Please don't take what I said personally, as it wasn't intended for you. You didn't
say "that's why devuan looks doomed." I didn't intend to diss new people. My intent
was just to say that if you're new to a list, don't go giving opinions based on very
limited factual knowledge. And truth be told, I was a little angry when I wrote
that. I heard enough krap about "Devuan is doomed" back in 2014. But anyway, it
wasn't to or about you.

Jason, I've looked at your previous posts and you've asked intelligent questions. So
keep up the good work.

SteveT