:: Re: [DNG] Chimaera CPU stuck
Author: Hector Gonzalez Jaime
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Chimaera CPU stuck

On 9/14/22 10:02, Luciano Mannucci wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 12:49:19 +0200
> Luciano Mannucci <luciano@???> wrote:
>
>>> vm.dirty_background_bytes=67108864
>>> vm.dirty_bytes=268435456
>>>
>>> Maybe this additional information is helpful:
>>>
>>> https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/io-performance-tuning.15893/
>>> https://lonesysadmin.net/2013/12/22/better-linux-disk-caching-performance-vm-dirty_ratio/
>>>
>>> Hope that helps,
>> Yes, it does!
>> Works like a charm!
> I've been to quick...
> Now only if the data comes from the local LAN (not drossing routers or
> firewalls) I still get
>
>    kernel:[ 7336.007287] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s! [swapper/0:0]

> if I write to the disk via dd nothing wrong happens...
>
> Luciano.

Check which scheduler you are using, for virtual machine loads you might
want to use "deadline", assuming your disk is sda, the first command
checks your scheduler, the second changes to deadline.

cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler

echo "deadline" >/sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler

--
Hector Gonzalez
cacho@???