:: [DNG] installation images
Author: Peter Duffy
To: DNG
Subject: [DNG] installation images
I assume that at some point, the installation iso images are going to
be rebuilt to include the new devuan-keyring package? Until this is
done, a devuan install can only be completed by using the
wget/chroot/dpkg kludge.

Given LP's move to M$, there's probably more interest than usual in
devuan and other non-systemd distros at the moment - so maybe this
needs doing quite urgently.

I did manage to rebuild the chimaera netinstall image with the new
devuan-keyring package yesterday (I needed to install several chimaera
VMs, and it was an interesting challenge). The new image appears to
work (install on a virtualbox VM completed without a problem, and the
VM booted fine). If it would be helpful, I'm happy to give details of
how I did it - but I'm conscious that although it seems to work, my new
image is probably slightly different from the original, and I don't
want to muddy any waters. The best by far would be to have new images
available, built using the standard process. On the other hand, it
might be good for the process of generating debian/devuan installation
images to be more widely known (there doesn't seem to be a lot of
information on the web about it, and what there is seems mostly to be
out-of-date and/or broken).