Author: Steve Litt Date: To: dng Subject: [DNG] Keith Smith presents on Model View Controller best practices
The Wednesday, September 7, 2022 GoLUG online meeting will start at the SPECIAL TIME
of 6pm Eastern Daylight Time rather than the usual time. It will be at
https://meet.jit.si/golug. Full information is at http://golug.info .
PHP expert Keith Smith will outline the way he does the MVC (Model View Controller)
web application methodology. This is important because there are many contradictory
definitions of MVC out there, many of which lead to difficult to maintain volleyball
code and inconsistent coding. Among other things, Keith will outline the following:
* Main Benefits of MVC.
* Philosophy of MVC.
* The meaning and function of the Model, the View and the Controller.
* Are there one or several Models? Views? Controllers? Web based MVC
documentation differs on this point.
* Which code to put in the Model, which to put in the View, and which to put in
* Tips on how to keep track of your classes, objects and methods, in order to
code quick with a minimum of debugging.
* Pitfalls to be careful of while coding MVC.
If you're unfamiliar with MVC, or if you've gotten a bad impression of MVC due to
careless web documentation, or if you use MVC but just want to gain more ideas and
techniques, or if you create web applications or if you want to start creating web
applications, this presentation is for you.
GoLUG Publicity Coordinator
This message was posted to the following mailing lists: