:: Re: [devuan-dev] f2fs
Author: Ralph Ronnquist
To: Gray Remlin
CC: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] f2fs
On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 09:54:26AM +0100, Gray Remlin wrote:
> Please add support for f2fs to the installation images (or at least the
> kernel module and f2fs-tools).

I have trialled this and found that the partitioner (partman) cannot
deal with it. I had to use the expert installation mode through to a
completed paritioning with some accepted format (ext4), and then usee
shell hands-on to make that be f2fs before installing the base system.

It obviously depends on your use case; I went for installation onto a
single f2fs partition.

The installer grows by about 8Mb (or 2% for netinstall), and there's
no harm to other installation variants by including f2fs-tools-udeb
and f2fs-modules-${KERNELVERSION}-di.

Ralph.