:: Re: [DNG] mutt attachment problem
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bob Proulx
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] mutt attachment problem
Antony Stone wrote:
> Haines Brown wrote:
> > The size of the zip file is 164 Mb
>
> Just in case it's actually your mail service provider responding to your mail
> client trying to send such a large message, try the same thing but with a
> small zip file (such as 2Mb) to see whether that nakes the difference.

164MB! OMG! Repeat after me. "SMTP is not a file transport
protocol." The likelihood of being able to send a 164MB email message
from one random system on the net to another random system on the net
today is vanishingly small. The default for most popular mail
transport agents even today is 10MB max in size. Though most sites
have increased that to at least 50MB and some to 100MB due to people
trying to send photos through email. But 164MB? I don't know of any
site that allows such a large single email. Gmail limits message size
to 25MB https://support.google.com/a/answer/1366776?hl=en.

Since email is not a file transport protocol I suggest using a
different method to transfer those files. I am worthless for
suggesting a large binary file drop method since I have my own web
site and so I always use it for these things. I just copy it there
and pass along a URL. But I know that not everyone maintains their
own servers and associated web sites.

Perhaps some kind souls on the list might suggest possible ways to
send large binary files? That's the real problem and it needs a real
solution.

Bob