:: [DNG] connman missing from system m…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] connman missing from system menu
connman is missing from the system menu of my 32-bit laptop running chimaera.
I have installed:
    connman-gtk    verion 1.1.1+git20180626.b72c6ab-2
    connman    version 1.36-2.2
    connman-ui    version 0-20150623-1
The menu item is absent from the system menus in lxqt, and in xfce.
What am I missing?

History:
    I upgraded from beowulf *without* first replacing wicd.
    So I initially had no cnonectivity after the upgrade.
    I instaled the connman packages by downlading them on another machine, transferring them cia USB stick, and installing on the laptop by using dpkg.

(Another computer, where I installed connman before I upgraded to chimara, works fine, even though it has only the package connman installed, without connman-ui or connman-gtk or any of the other connman-related package. It has the "Connman UI Setup" menu item in teh "Internet" submenu when running LXQt.

What am I missing? Why isn't there a menu item for connman in the system menu tree for either xfce or lxqt?

Shouldn't connman contain the menu item?

-- hendrik