:: Re: [devuan-dev] granting authoriza…
Author: Daniel Pocock
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] granting authorization for Devuan developers to use Debian trademark

On 10/08/2022 18:44, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> let me contrast this with https://www.debian.org/News/2021/20211117
> which appears to be Debian's statement disavowing Daniel Pocock.
>
> Not sure what to conclude from this.

I resigned from some of my roles in free software organizations at a
time when I lost two family members

Normal people expressed sympathy and support. There are some people
around Debian who have a very unhealthy lifestyle, they don't have a job
or family at all, they spend all day on social media posting defamation
like that.

Nonetheless, you can go to swissreg.ch and see that I really own the
trademark.

The document on the WIPO web site is 11 pages but only this one line
matters:

"After the Complaint was filed, the Software Freedom Institute SA filed
an application on May 14, 2022 for Swiss trademark registration number
782335 for DEBIAN, which was registered on June 8, 2022, specifying
computer software and hardware in class 9. *That trademark registration
remains current ...*"

You can print a copy of my blog, print a copy of the statement from
swissreg.ch and keep them. Even if I get hit by a bus, if you register
a debian.something domain today, you will be able to keep the domain
using my documents as proof.

If the Debian lawyers somehow cancel my trademark then any domains
registered after that day will be questionable. Any domains registered
today are valid and you get to keep them. Go for it.

I just noticed that nobody has registered devuan.community - don't wait!

Regards,

Daniel

--
https://softwarefreedom.institute
Software Freedom Institute SA, CHE-426.705.848

Follow with RSS: https://softwarefreedom.institute/en/feed.xml