:: Re: [devuan-dev] apt-get update wei…
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] apt-get update weird sdklfflj
Hi David,

David F. writes:

> Hit:1 http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf InRelease
> Hit:2 http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-security InRelease
> Hit:3 http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-updates InRelease
> Reading package lists... Done
> N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-sdklfflj/Packages'
> as repository 'http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf InRelease' doesn't
> support architecture 'sdklfflj'
> N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-sdklfflj/Packages'
> as repository 'http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-security
> InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'sdklfflj'
> N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-sdklfflj/Packages'
> as repository 'http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-updates InRelease'
> doesn't support architecture 'sdklfflj'
>
> Any idea on what needs to be fixed/changed?

It looks like somewhere 'sdklfflj' is configured as an architecture on
your system for apt/dpkg to use. What does

dpkg --print-foreign-architectures

show? I expect 'sdklfflj' to be listed. If so, check below /etc/apt/
where it's set with

grep -r sdklfflj /etc/apt

and remove it from the file(s) that set it.

> Also, I guess the discover version include with the package is too old
> and full of bugs (doesn't work), they recommend updating it. Can you
> update it. I don't want to get too far ahead as due to code bloat
> which is why I'm on beowulf level for gcc.

Even sid/ceres only has a discover/discover-data version that's only two
maintainer updates ahead of what's in beowulf. I won't expect much, if
any, improvement from upgrading to those (but have looked at what's been
changed). Given that there hasn't been any upstream activity since
stretch/ascii, I wonder how much use discover still is.
FWIW, I normally purge it ...

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen