:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-07-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-07-28
# Devuan meet 2022-07-28 @20:30 UTC

Present: Hendrik, golinux, fsmithred

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen

#### debootstrap and merged usr Debian unstable has just updated to
debootstrap/1.0.127 which tries to move forward with the merged usr
thing although there is still no support for it in dpkg which remains
a blocker IIUC. I have held off updating our fork until we decide what
we want to do. Thoughts? (hendrik) We should do nothing about usrmerge
until it's working reliably on Debian. (bb|hcb) There is no other
choice but follow what Debian is doing here. If `dpkg` gets support
for merged `/usr` and Debian adpots that filesystem layout, it is
technically near impossible to undo in Devuan. IMHO, the problem with
usrmerge is in the transition itself, not with the result.

#### cgmanager [Debian recently removed
libnih](https://tracker.debian.org/news/1339799/removed-103-12-from-unstable/)
which made our cgmanager uninstallable and therefore libvirt FTBFS.
The libvirt build requires numad for which cgmanager was an alternate
dependency. However, the dependency seems spurious and I have forked
numad (hopefully temporarily) to remove it. I have filed a [Debian
bug](https://bugs.debian.org/1016173) about it. The other significant
rdepend for src:cgmanager was consolekit (Depends: libcgmanager0). I
have managed to build it without libcgmanager0 and update the build
packaging to dh compat 13. It might need to depend on cgroupfs-mount,
but I am waiting to see if anybody complains. src:cgmanager will need
to be removed from ceres and daedalus.

#### Other updates
* ceres: distro-info-data, openvpn
* chimaera-security: openvpn

#### Debian I have uploaded a new version of openrc with a fix for
[#692](https://bugs.devuan.org/692)

### rrq
* with cron-daemon-common fixed, the daedalus installer-iso building is
back in business.

### golinux
* Issues with dyne mail server. Alv fixed things.

## New Actions