:: Re: [DNG] Firefox unwilling to inst…
Author: Ludovic Bellière
To: marc
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Firefox unwilling to install extensions
Hey marc,

Nothing you wrote made sense to me. Not only my firefox is perfectly capable of
installing extensions, the problem(s) you describe seems from another planet. Or
from somebody having a mental breakdown.

If you load a temporary addons, why would would believe that it ought to be
permanent? More over, have you verified that your profile folder is writable?
Check about:profiles, the extensions folder should be full of xpi files.

Maybe your container resets its file system after each usage though, and only
keep specific files in specific paths… Who knows?!

You have an exotic setup, and are probably the only one that understands it. In
any case, firefox is probably not to blame here.

Cheers,
                 Ludovic

PS: I have no idea about the core issue, and I know nothing about lxc. So I just
     threw some ideas around. Though explaining what lxc does might be more
     helpful.