:: Re: [DNG] missing trick for upgradi…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: tito
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] missing trick for upgrading to daedalus
On Mon, 11 Jul 2022 21:30:01 -0400
tempforever <dev1@???> wrote:

> crichmon@??? wrote:
> > missing trick for upgrading to daedalus I’m setting up a new box which
> > I installed Chimaera.  I also
> >
> > wanted to get that upgraded to Daedalus.  Following the regular update
> > instructions,
> >
> > when I ‘apt-get update’ I get a message about therelease file not
> > being valid for some
> >
> > amount of time into the future. When I try again, it’s yet another
> > time into the future.
> >
> > I got some other errorsabout daedalus-updates and daedalus-security,
> > so those lines
> >
> > are commented out in /etc/apt/sources.list.
> >

> I just did a chimaera --> daedalus move yesterday.  Also encountered the
> errors with daedalus-updates and daedalus-security, so removed those.
> The sole line in my sources.list is now:
> deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged daedalus main
> Sounds like you got that part worked out though.  I myself didn't get
> any error about the release file time.  I'd maybe install ntp first and
> make sure the system clock is correct (?)   Well, first first, run the
> date command to see if the day/time is correct.  If it still fails after
> ensuring date/time are right, then please post the exact error message.

Hi,
in my debian to devuan migration script I hit the same problem
and resolved it like this:

# ntpdate is deprecated in debian but still exists in
# bullseye repos so we still use it here.
# In the future we will  need to switch to
# ntpsec-ntpdate or sntp -S pool.ntp.org
# this is less ideal as they have more dependencies.
# INSTALL NTPDATE IF NEEDED
NTPDATE=$(command -v ntpdate-debian)
if test -x "$NTPDATE" ; then
    echo "ntpdate-debian is already installed...good"
    # Wrong date and time is one of the causes of failure of apt update
    # and subsequent devuan deb packages download which breaks
    # the migration process, so we ensure that date and time are set correctly
else
    echo "Installing ntpdate-debian"
    apt install ntpdate > /dev/null 2>&1
fi
echo "Setting date and time with ntpdate-debian"
ntpdate-debian pool.ntp.org
# Allow time change to propagate
sleep 5

Hope this helps.