:: [devuan-dev] bug#85: marked as done…
Author: Devuan bug Tracking System
To: Gregory Nowak
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#85: marked as done (bluez: missing support for raspberry pi3 bluetooth)
Your message dated Mon, 11 Jul 2022 21:51:30 -0700
with message-id <Ysz90vNQKy5y1Fxn@???>
and subject line bluez: missing support for raspberry pi3 bluetooth
has caused the Devuan bug report #85,
regarding bluez: missing support for raspberry pi3 bluetooth
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@???
immediately.)

--
85: https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=85
Devuan Bug Tracking System

Dear Maintainer,
this is a migration of:
<https://git.devuan.org/sdk/arm-sdk/issues/14>
The bluez package in devuan is missing raspbian's patches necessary to use the built-in bluetooth adapter on the raspberry pi3 (rpi3). The patches are a part of raspbian's source:
<http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/pool/main/b/bluez/>
The necessary patches are in debian/patches 0050-0053. They are necessary for the arm64 and armhf architectures, since the rpi3 can use either image. I cannot guarantee that applying them won't break other architectures, so didn't take this farther on my own. The bluez package I'm reporting against installed on this system is devuan's bluez from January 2017 with the necessary patches from raspbian applied. So, it isn't what currently exists in devuan.

It will also be necessary to write an init script to run hciattach, since raspbian's package has a script to do this for systemd only.

-- System Information:

Architecture: aarch64

Kernel: Linux 4.10.0-rc5-v8+ (SMP w/4 CPU cores; PREEMPT)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: sysvinit (via /sbin/init)

Versions of packages bluez depends on:
ii  dbus          1.8.20-1+devuan1.1
ii  kmod          18-3
ii  libc6         2.19-18+deb8u9
ii  libdbus-1-3   1.8.20-1+devuan1.1
ii  libglib2.0-0  2.42.1-1+b1
ii  libreadline6  6.3-8+b3
ii  libudev1      215-17+deb8u7
ii  lsb-base      4.1+devuan2
ii  udev          215-17+deb8u7

bluez recommends no packages.

bluez suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information
Package bluez
Version: 5.55-3.1

The bluez package in devuan Chimaera contains the necessary patches
for the bluetooth on the rpi3 to work out of the box. I don't know
when the patches made it into the bluez package, but I would assume in
Ascii. I can try to track this down if needed.