:: [DNG] Delete default xfce4 shortcut…
Author: fraser kendall
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: [DNG] Delete default xfce4 shortcuts
Hello,

Is there anyway to completely delete the influence of the xfce4
environment. I am continually frustrated in my attempts to install
four keyboard shortcut in libreoffice. I'd like these four:

ctrl+alt+up    promote point
ctrl+alt+right    promote point and subpoints
ctrl+alt+down    demote point
ctrl+alt+left    demote point and subpoints

However, even though I am working on a machine that has never seen
xfce4 (primary installation of devuan server (chimaera) with subsequent
addition of openbox, tint2 and menu, launched with startx), I am
plagued by the xfce4 shortcut

ctrl+alt+arrow = switch desktop

Modifying my preferred set to a 'shift+alt+arrow' version
is overridden by the default

shift+alt+arrow = move window to workspace

# apt-get --remove --purge xfce4 simply returns

Package 'xfce4' is not installed, so not removed

How can I identify and then remove a configuration file for a package
that has never existed on a system but has somehow been installed and is
overriding the custom shortcuts in Libreoffice?

For the record, I have been plagued by this for several years; my
response to date has been to give in and install xfce4, then modify the
shortcut using the settings manager, but I'd like to keep this machine
on a startx/openbox environment (on another machine (an i7), openbox
uses 1% CPU and xfce4 13%).

Many thanks

fraser