:: Re: [DNG] Lennart now working for M…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Lennart now working for Microsoft
Martin Steigerwald said on Fri, 08 Jul 2022 13:43:30 +0200

>Hi!
>
>How come that I am not surprised?

Me neither. On first seeing the headline, I thought "what's new about
that?", because in my mind redhat is stored in the same compartment as
microsoft and I confuse the two.

>I said it back then already that Systemd adoption followed a similar
>pattern to Microsoft's "embrace, extend, and extinguish" tactics.
>(They are still following the very same pattern, this time with Office
>365.)
>
>Well… I won't miss him. I hope he stops developing for Linux
>altogether.

What scares me is if he starts putting Microsoft-centric stuff in
systemd, Linux will need to either migrate away from systemd or be
subsumed by microsoft.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Summer 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm