:: [DNG] udev rule to create mount poi…
Author: Adrian Zaugg
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] simple-netaid for daedalus
Subject: [DNG] udev rule to create mount point /dev/hugepages
Hi

Trying to use hugepages, I fail to create a mountpoint in /dev. It seems it
was never officially solved under Debian SysV according to the the Debian bug
report #572733. At least meanwhile the devs seem to have accepted to use /dev/
hugepages, as can be seen in the systemd mount unit:
https://sources.debian.org/src/systemd/44-11%252Bdeb7u4/units/dev-hugepages.mount/

There is also a hint to the event suitable to create the mount point in the
unit file:
ConditionPathExists=/sys/kernel/mm/hugepages

But I'm failing to write a (e)udev rule, that does the following:

    if the directory /sys/kernel/mm/hugepages exists,
    create the directory /dev/hugepages

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards, Adrian.

PS: Alternatively I could write an init-script and let it run before eudev
starts, but this seems the less preferred way to me.