:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-06-…
Author: golinux
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-06-23
# Devuan meet 2022-06-23 @20:30 UT

* (hendrik) Going to https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan I get redirected to
https://open.meet.garr.it/devuan and given a connection error.  Is this
just me, or should we go to another jitsi site? Just met golinux on
https://meet.jit.si/devuan -- the site we've used before.
     * (gl) It was an expired cert at garr.it causing the problem

Present: hendrik, golinux
Regrets: plasma41 and everyone else

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### golinux
- Announcement of Linux Pro Magazine's article "DEVUAN: The fight for
Init
Freedom". Thread is here: https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=5093

### plasma41
- Recent article about the state of upstream development of lightdm:
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=LightDM-2022-Status-Update
- Question about current consensus regarding level of ascii support: I
noticed
that the ceres, chimaera-security, and beowulf-security versions of our
fork of
the rsyslog package were recently updated to pull in the upstream fix
for
CVE-2022-24903. The version in ascii-security was not. Amprolla
currently pulls
in Debian's stretch-security rsyslog package with the fix into ascii
security,
but because ascii predates the versioning reform, the patched Debian
package in
ascii-security is considered older than the unpatched Devuan package
version in
ascii by apt ( X+debYuZ < X+devuanY ). What I'm wondering is: are we
committed
to supporting ascii with security updates from stretch-security till
stretch LTS
ends in just a week or is that so low priority that we shouldn't even
bother?
I'm fine either way; I just want to gauge how other people feel.
- (hendrik) It depends on whether anyone is still using ascii, I
suppose.

## New Actions
- Discuss HP Dev One next week.