:: [DNG] moving to a new system
Top Pagina
Auteur: o1bigtenor
Aan: Devuan ML
Onderwerp: [DNG] moving to a new system
Greetings

Hoping that I'm not asking too many questions.

(moving from debian testing to devuan testing (daedalus)
the old system is under 5.17.xx and the new one is on 5.18
if that makes for differences)

(I've learnt the hard way that just winging things means a LOT more
work and even a greater chance for issues.)

My existing system has been a work in progress for over 10 years. So
I've gotten things
set up quite the way that I like them so things change slowly but in
that there are also
less 'terror' moments when everything has gone 'goofy'.

Is there any way to move over things like settings (and all the other
pamphernania) for browsers and libreoffice and the like?

I was thinking of doing things by using scp from the old system to the new one.

Dunno if that would create issues or not.

Any better ideas - - - - well I'm all ears!!!