:: Re: [DNG] cron runs a ghost command
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] cron runs a ghost command
On Sunday 05 June 2022 at 14:02:36, Haines Brown wrote:

> I find that user's cron runs a command defined in crontab -e some time
> ago but then removed. At present there is no command defined in $
> crontab -e.

What does "crontab -l" (as the user) or "crontab -u [username] -l" (as root)
tell you?

> Nevertheless cron runs the old command one on schedule.

What does root find in /var/spool/cron/crontabs?

If there's a file named for the user in question there, what does cat show you
is in it?

Antony.

--
"Can you keep a secret?"
"Well, I shouldn't really tell you this, but... no."

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.