:: Re: [DNG] New build + extras
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] New build + extras
o1bigtenor via Dng said on Mon, 30 May 2022 17:07:44 -0500

>On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 5:03 PM o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor@???>

>Not trying to start any kind of 'holy war' but was thinking of using
>SysV init unless there are some great arguments where another option
>is better - - - that is something that needs its own advice.

Before I continue, I was quite happy with sysvinit 1998 to whenever
upstart took over. Sysvinit does the job.

In my opinion the difference between sysvinit and OpenRC is not enough
to walk away from the familiar sysvinit.

Now, because runit exists, I would never again start up my daemons
using sysvinit. Instead, I would do one of the two following:

1: Use sysvinit for PID1, and: