:: [devuan-dev] bug#668: marked as don…
Author: Devuan bug Tracking System
To: Mark Hindley
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#668: marked as done (samba on chimaera:i386 fails for logging and sockets)
Your message dated Mon, 30 May 2022 13:35:03 +0100
with message-id <YpS592QAuO1xJfYY@???>
and subject line Re: bug#668: new samba-package available for debian.
has caused the Devuan bug report #668,
regarding samba on chimaera:i386 fails for logging and sockets
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@???
immediately.)

--
668: https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=668
Devuan Bug Tracking System

we're successfully running samba 2:4.9.5+dfsg-5+deb10u3 in a container
with devuan beowulf since several months, but decides to migrate all
containers to chimaera, but this fails for several reasons.

1.
having "bind interfaces only = yes" in config, smbd errors out with
"INTERNAL ERROR: open_sockets_smbd()" and "open_sockets_smbd: No sockets
available to bind to"

deactivating this config-entry makes smbd start normally.

2.
having "log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log" in config is completly
ignored. No such files are written, even when setting /varlog/samba to
mode 1777 and having parent dirs all at least at mode 751

further tests are stopped for now, because we need the system working,
but it seems, that the performance on network was worse than before
during initial connects.

using the same config with beowulf-container and samba
2:4.9.5+dfsg-5+deb10u3 works fine. (fortunately we could switch back to
the old container easily). Anything else but the inner system of the
container are equal!

if there're any additional infos are needed we'll try to give them, any
certain tests with the buggy samba may take a bit time, because we can't
switch the container at every time, but have to wait for evening or
weekend, to really have equal conditions.

regards

d.
Version: 4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u4

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 01:29:52PM +0100, Mark Hindley wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 02:19:46PM +0200, dvn-bugs@??? wrote:
> > hi.
> >
> > since yesterday there's a new samba-package available for debian:
> >
> > http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/s/samba/samba_4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u4_i386.deb
> >
> > it would be nice, if this can be merged into devuan-repository, soon.
>
> For unforked packages (like this), it happens automatically and is already
> available in chimaera-proposed-updates[1].

Closing with version.

Mark