:: Re: [DNG] resolv.conf
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] resolv.conf
Rowland Penny via Dng said on Mon, 09 May 2022 11:52:14 +0100

>> > I chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf also. Besides that, I run my own DNS
>> > (unbound) and strongarm my /etc/resolv.conf to that.
>>
>> Me four.
>
>That is just a bandaid on something broken. If you have to stop
>something being changed, then there must be something trying to change
>it. You need to find what that 'something' is and stop that changing
>resolv.conf

Technically you're right. But 10 years of this bandaid tells me there
are no observable side effects. And, in the words of the late Phil
Barnett, "While it would be nice to spend days figuring it out, I spent
minutes and got past it."

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm