:: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
Author: Fred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
On 4/25/22 10:17, karl@??? wrote:
> Fred:
>> I ran gpm-mouse-test again. That program seems to have major
>> problems. It can't even detect the baud rate which I know to be 1200.
>
> I tested it here and it succesfully detected my MouseMan at 1200baud.
>
> It can be that your serial to usb converter confuses the program because
> usb delivers bytes in a different way, in packets, not one byte at a time.
>
> I might make a din-8 (aka sun mouse if.) to rs232 converter within the
> month. If so I'll report back to you.
>
> Regards,
> /Karl Hammar

Hi Karl,

I am using the DLP-TXRX-G usb/serial adapter with a transistor to invert
the mouse output. The mouse has an active high output and the dlp rx
input is active low.

I forgot to say in the previous message that x and y movement and
buttons 1 and 3 all work normally. Only the middle button doesn't work.

I have some hardware that would be fairly easy to have read in the mouse
signals and display the bytes. I will do this over the next few days
and it should be possible to determine the exact protocol.

Best regards,
Fred