:: [DNG] Multi-button mice Re: mouse …
Author: terryc
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Multi-button mice Re: mouse driver question
On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 09:07:57 -0700
Fred <fred@???> wrote:

Thread snipples.....

> Hi,
> I understand now. I was stuck on gpm because it worked some time ago
> on Debian Jessie. I was not ready to continue with it then because I
> still had use of my Sun workstation. The Sun is gone now, I was able
> to move the application program to Linux and now I need a three
> button mouse without the scroll wheel that works with X11. Maybe the
> Sun mouse.
>
> A previous post mentioned xorg.conf which doesn't appear to exist in
> Devuan Beowulf (AMD64).
>
> So, where do I go from here?

I'm just using a basic ms compatible mouse that has a scroll
wheel/third button i.e. it clicks if you just press it.

Whether it does anything depends on the current software. Sometimes it
is just a matter of setting an action in a table.

Currently, in a xterm box and a virtual terminal it pasts the buffer
(load with control c/x). AFAIR it has been that way since the
"start of time(Jessie)" and in the epochs before.

Logictech and other manufacturers also make multi(additional)-button
mice and usually provide at least a driver for the current MS version.
There are of course various efforts to develop open source drivers so
an investigation in that area may yield a solution.