:: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
Author: Fred
To: Florian Zieboll, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
On 4/21/22 13:09, Florian Zieboll wrote:
> On April 21, 2022 9:28:16 PM GMT+02:00, <fred@???> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If I install gpm or consolation won't that conflict with whatever driver
>> is already installed?
>

> gpm (and I suppose also consolation) is active only on the console, not in virtual terminals - so there's no conflict.
>
> Libre Grüße,
> Florian

I don't understand what you mean by virtual terminal. I don't use a DE,
just openbox. I may have two xterms open, nedit, tuxcmd plus some other
program. The mouse will work in any of these and its input would come
from one place, presumably the mouse driver. If I install gpm (or
consolation) what decides where the mouse input is coming from? It
appears to me that the default driver needs to be stopped but I don't
know what it is called.

Best regards,
Fred