:: Re: [DNG] How to port Devuan to a d…
Author: Jeremy Ardley
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to port Devuan to a different ARM board?

On 9/4/22 12:54 am, dng@??? wrote:

> My route would be: use the debian image from
> http://www.orangepi.org/downloadresources/ as base and migrate from
> there to Devuan.

I tried that approach using instructions at
https://www.devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/en/buster-to-beowulf.html

It was difficult and involved using armbian-config to change the mirror
site to EU as the default mirror was broken.

However at the end of the above process, sufficient systemd
functionality had been removed that I couldn't use any standard commands
to reboot. I had to echo stuff to proc entries. Then when it finally
rebooted it simply bricked. No lights on  the board etc.

I tried a second approach replacing the contents of a devuan image /boot
with one from an orange pi. That bricked as well.

I may next try a Devuan Banana Pi image as that is an H2 processor.
However, I assume a top down build process is used for the released .img
files, so I'm after like documentation on that process.

--
Jeremy