:: Re: [DNG] chimaera: no /usr/lib/tmp…
Author: Alexander Bochmann
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] chimaera: no /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/legacy.conf?
...on 2022-03-21 21:31:25, Bob Proulx via Dng wrote:

> Alexander Bochmann wrote:
> > because it seems the whole tmpfiles.d stuff is a systemd thing
> > all around, and probably isn't even used on Devuan? I got confused
> It happens to all of us at times. No worries.

:)

> However AFAIK the /var/lock/subsys directory is a Red Hat specific
> directory such as found on RHEL and Fedora for use for their init
> scripts. It doesn't have a use by other scripts. It is created by an

Actually what brought me on this track turns out
to be the init script for acct, which has:

 > LOCKFILE=/var/lock/subsys/acct
 > [..]
 >             touch $LOCKFILE

This is in turn run each night from the acct cron.daily
script which rotates the accounting log files and restarts
the service, producing a message that /var/lock/subsys/acct
can't be touched...

> And then a piece of software meant for Red Hat would run happily
> without knowing it was on Devuan. At least for this portion.

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Alex.